Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Adoption Tales

After much prayer and consideration Phil and I have decided to proceed forward with the adoption process. It is a lengthy process and we decided it would be best to finally start now! We have always talked about wanting to adopt as there are so many kids out there that need loving homes. We are very excited and apprehensive and would really appreciate all your prayers and support. 

I have felt prompting and a desire to adopt from Haiti. I don't really know why Haiti but I am listening to the Holy Spirit and believe that is where Phil and I are to focus our efforts. So, here are just a few things I will be praying for: 

~I pray for the mothers in Haiti about to give birth to children they cannot care for. 
~I pray for the child who will be placed in a foster care facility awaiting adoption. 
~I pray for the foster care employees who will be caring for these children. 
~I pray for the families that will welcome these kids into their homes and love them as their own. 

I am sure I will have more to come and I will keep everyone posted!! Thanks again in advance for all your prayers and support! 

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Hillary... I can't wait to follow this journey! This is so exciting!

Diane said...

WOW! This is wonderful news, Hillary! I teared up a bit reading your post (yeah, doesn't take much. Heh.) I, too am excited to follow your journey!

Anonymous said...

Ok - so excited - and don't want to follow - just want to be a part...
So joining you with your prayers.
We got to know about 35 folks from Haiti in Cal - we loved them and have never met more beautiful people inside and out.
You will be great parents.
Mark

TheologyMom said...

I'm with you too...you guys will be great, can't wait to journey with you...

Anonymous said...

bawling...loves.

Anonymous said...

Hillary, that's AWESOME!!!

Have you decided on a boy or a girl?

Stephanie said...

I stumbled on your blog today and wanted to say hi ... we are adopting two babies in Haiti, so I can say firsthand that this is an exciting journey! Our adoption blog is http://iansadoption.blogspot.com.

GOD bless,
Stephanie

Stephanie said...

We work with Shiloh Adoptions in Topeka, KS.

Red Letter girl said...

Finally...I'll get a dark-skinned baby...without having to give birth!

I'm excited!