Sunday, May 11, 2008

15 Things I Love About My Mom

Happy Mother's Day Mom!! I love you so much! 


1. Even though I am 28 years old she still takes care of me when I am sick...and I would have it NO other way. She knows exactly how to make me feel better! 

2. She is hilarious and very witty. I would often find a Ken doll placed in precarious places and positions throughout the house. 

3. She has always been supportive of me even though I know it was difficult. I am sure it was not easy to watch her youngest daughter get on an airplane by herself and fly halfway across the world!

4. She has put up with my dad for 43 years even though I am sure it was not always easy. 

5. She is very forgiving. I have given her a lot to forgive along the way. 

6. One year she made the cutest bunny cake for my sister's birthday. Licorice whiskers and all!

7. She is always my cheerleader, encouraging me even when I'm horribly unrealistic.

8. She still holds my hand in church. 

9. She helps me plant my flowers because I am helpless in the area of gardening. 

10. She helps me whenever I need her, no questions asked. I call her up and say I need a favor and her response is NEVER negative. If she can do it she will...no matter what. 

11. She really gets the Gospels and lives them out everyday. 

12. She loves to play hidden object games on the computer. 

13. Her perseverance in times of struggle is inspiring. 

14. She loves the Seattle Mariners even when they suck! 

15. She has shown me what unconditional love looks like. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister!

Diane said...

Oh man! I have tears in my eyes reading this. What a lovely list. I hope my kids have HALF of these good things to say about ME...I should be so lucky!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the best Mother's day gift. I will always love you. (and Phil, too) Mom

Red Letter girl said...

Ahh..the "best" mother's day gift? Great.