Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Socially Responsible Investing

I have been reading some books on investing lately...I would like to 'retire' at some point! During my research I was so happy to come across the Corporate Responsibility Officer. This website lists the 100 best companies that combine business objectives with responsible practices across eight categories: environment, climate change, human rights, employee relations, corporate governance, lobbying, philanthropy and financial performance. I have included the top 10 companies listed on the CRO website: 

  1. Intel
  2. Eaton Corp.
  3. Nike Inc.
  4. Deere & Co.
  5. Genentech Inc.
  6. Corning Inc.
  7. Humana Inc.
  8. Bank of America Corp.
  9. ITT Corp.
  10. PG&E Corp.
So, not only can we make changes in our everyday lives to combat negative social issues, we can invest in companies that make it a priority to do the same. I think it is exciting that we can integrate the missional lifestyle in everything we do...nothing is off limits! I plan on adding some of these companies to my portfolio and hope that you consider doing the same. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

#'s 1 and 3 are sponsor companies of FTCU, all located in OR, so I'd like to say that I am somewhat associated with them.