Sunday, June 15, 2008

3 Books I am EXCITED to Read

In his life-changing book, Fields of the Fatherless, Tom Davis shines a bright light on the true meaning of living out the gospel. His much - needed message reminds us of the urgency and frequency with which God commands His people to care for those who desperately need provision and protection. Based on a wealth of vital but often overlooked Scriptural truth, this book is sure to surprise, challenge, empower, and ultimately bless you. 






The Revolution consists of 12 chapters, each written by a different Christian author on a different social justice issue. Topics include hunger, torture, gang violence, and human trafficking, among others. The essays are not only meant to inform, but also to motivate, and they do just that. The Revolution provides a valuable resource for those who are thinking and praying about how best to do the work we are put here to do. 






The Relevant Nation tells the stories of 50 visionaries under the age of 40 who are living influential, active, and passionate lives grown out of their Christian faith. In a series of conventional profiles, the book examines innovators from the worlds of art and entertainment, science and technology, business and social justice. The stories will inspire you to take risks, serve others with greater passion and embrace an influential and fulfilling life. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I picked up Relevant Nation at your recommendation. It was pretty good. I was inspired by all those that are so young and making such big impacts on the world.

If only more people would open their eyes to the passion and energy our young people have today.

This book really challenged me to think, "What am I doing that is REALLY making a difference?" "Why am I not in a book like this?" Not that I need to be in a book, but it begins to call into question what I am doing.

What is interesting is that I just watched the U.S. Open the other day and was awing at how Tiger is living the dream. Then I read a book like this about people living their dreams.

Am I dreaming enough?
Are my dreams big enough?
Why am I not chasing after them?

Anyway, thanks for the great suggestion.

Hillary said...

That is awesome! I am so glad that you liked it! I would also suggest that you read The Revolution as well and keep dreaming BIG!